The Good Ol' Days

I created this blog to share my school life and the different set of characters I was surrounded by in school with you.
I think you will find many funny incidents and not-so-funny incidents that happened to me in school in this blog.
No offense meant to any person. All the views and opinions are my personal views and I am solely responsible for them.

Sunday, May 9, 2010

The Popular Guy in class

Ok...Its time to talk about a cool guy in our class...He was cute, intelligent, sweet, caring, helpful, and generally the favourite of the class...
Yup, that's right...Me!

As you might have guessed, the 'Goms' part of the blog title refers to my nickname... Don't ask me the origin or the meaning...I myself have no idea...

Anyway, the first day in the new school (in pondicherry) was quite eventful...for me, that is...
Just before I entered the class for the first hour, my bag inexplicably got cut at the straps (maybe it was an omen) and promptly fell of my back...
I nervously entered the class, only to find that I was about ten minutes late...I got a nice hearing from the class teacher and took my place between a scrawny guy with glasses and a well built guy in the corner row...

The introductions were made and everyone got settled in the class...Suddenly some guy ( he was quite tall, probably the tallest person in the school) came up with a dumb nickname, 'Gomu'....
Believe me guys, the way gossip spreads around the class is something simply incredible...You cannot comprehend the speed at which gossip travels...probably somewhere near the speed of light....
Anyway, soon the nickname was known from this extreme to the other extreme, and everyone greeted me by shouting "GOMU!" aloud three times...Thus, the formal introductions were complete...

I was quite popular in school...so popular that everyone were attracted by the charisma I radiated...even the crows....Especially the crows...
I always believe there is a reason for anything that happens in this world, however insignificant it may seem...But there used to be one incident that repeated itself without fail everyday....
During lunchbreaks, I used to sit with the scrawny guy with glasses whom I mentioned earlier, and another guy who was quite studious, but always insisted that he wasn't...
The usual place we used to go to was the grounds...We used to sit under a tree...The tree was always deserted, and usually no bird came and sat on it...But when it was time for lunch, some crows would appear out of nowhere and perch on the branch directly above my head to finish their daily activities...you know what I mean guys....The call of nature and all that...I never understood the reason behind this and I assume it was because of my charisma...

I was quite popular with all the teachers...They were always after me...
I was especially popular with the Physics department...There were two teachers in the Physics department...Both would always concentrate on me while teaching in class, looking for an opportunity to send me out of the class...Not wanting to disappoint them, I usually gave them one...

BTW, I think this post is getting quite bulky...So I'll continue about the bond between me and the Physics department in the next post...

1 comment:

  1. the first two lines r too much for u.....podhum da saami unnoda scenu

    ReplyDelete