The Good Ol' Days

I created this blog to share my school life and the different set of characters I was surrounded by in school with you.
I think you will find many funny incidents and not-so-funny incidents that happened to me in school in this blog.
No offense meant to any person. All the views and opinions are my personal views and I am solely responsible for them.

Monday, May 24, 2010

English Power Rules!

I didn't sleep at all yesterday, and I'm typing this with bleary eyes.
The reason, you ask?

I had a moving telephone conversation with Pathapein (Yeah, I know...You are probably wondering why I changed the name...actually it's his wish...apparently some numerologist suggested this name change so that Pathapein could gain more good luck in his life)

Anyway, back to the original topic.

It was a...I don't know how to describe it...strange conversation, the sort that gives you nightmares.

Here's an excerpt from the conversation:

Me : Hi, what's up?
Pathapein: I is fine. You?
Me : I'm also doing good. So, where are you?
Pathapein: I is in Andhra Pradesh.
Me : What??? Why?
Pathapein: Why is what? (????)
Me : What?
Pathapein: What?

After ten minutes along these lines, we move on...


Me : So, your english seems to have improved...?
Pathapein: What is english? Why is it?
Me : (Ignoring his previous remark) How come you are speaking (comparitively) better english?
Pathapein: Mine is Pondy English Power(PEP) (Well, there you have, the reason for the title of this post!)
Me : What?
Pathapein: What?

Another ten minutes along these lines....


Me : Ok, gotta go...Have some work to do...bye
Pathapein: Why is you avoiding me?
Me : (DUH!) I'm not avoiding you...I have some work to do. Bye

And I cut the phone. Wonderfully 'PEP'-py talk right?

NOTE:
Anyway, I promised to myself that I'd post this conversation fully, but then I realised if I did post the full thing, then there wouldn't be any sane person living on Earth.
So I just posted the mildest part of the conversation. Hope you enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment