The Good Ol' Days

I created this blog to share my school life and the different set of characters I was surrounded by in school with you.
I think you will find many funny incidents and not-so-funny incidents that happened to me in school in this blog.
No offense meant to any person. All the views and opinions are my personal views and I am solely responsible for them.

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Gang Wars

Gang Wars...It happens all the time in school...It's really silly, actually...The things people fight about...

Anyway, as you might have guessed, there was a major gang war going on in my class... There were two sides (obviously! what was that thing about the sound of one hand clapping???), and boy, they meant business!

Both the sides used to stare daggers at each other and used every chance to insult the 'opposition'... Poor me...I was stuck in between, not wanting to involve myself in the fight...Then one side asked me to choose between the two, and asked me where my loyalty lay...I managed to be diplomatic...That turned to be a mistake...(I was sought after by everyone in those days...I was quite popular)
I was suspected as a spy (seriously, what were they thinking? That this was a World War?? A spy??)... One side thought I was passing information to the other side, and the other side thought the same thing too... So I was caught in between, treated as a traitor by both the sides....
Anyway, to cut a long story short, this behaviour continued throughout the school life...I once asked one side," Why are you both fighting like this? What is the cause for your rivalry?". When the leader replied, I didn't understand a word of it...
It all had to do with some insult that happened years ago (well, not actually years, more along the lines of months), and something about the memory power of elephants...

So, like I said at the beginning, there are no logical reasons for such rivalry between students... This particular rivalry was puffed up to the level of a World War....But anyway, there's a saying...'All's well that ends well'...Now members of both the gangs are in friendly terms with each other...I wish they had thought of this during school life...

1 comment:

  1. appo nee oru dummy piece aathaan irunthiya.......ayyio ayyio

    ReplyDelete