The Good Ol' Days

I created this blog to share my school life and the different set of characters I was surrounded by in school with you.
I think you will find many funny incidents and not-so-funny incidents that happened to me in school in this blog.
No offense meant to any person. All the views and opinions are my personal views and I am solely responsible for them.

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Sarcasm

Uh, hi guys...

I was busy, so I couldn't...blah blah blah...

Now that we've finished with the greetings, let's move on to the article...

Sarcasm is a mysterious thing.... I looked it up in wikipedia, and this is what I found-

Sarcasm is “a sharp, bitter, or cutting expression or remark; a bitter jibe or taunt. ”

People have often said to me that I couldn't recognise sarcasm if it hit me in the face....
I disagree... I say that I absolutely refuse to identify sarcasm even if it was wearing a pinstriped suit and a top hat and holding a cane and doing a scottish dance in front of me at twice the speed of light!

I've learnt that there are various types of sarcasm prevalent among my friends.....


1. Funny: This is usually employed by Blob....like, suppose we were notified by our principal that our behaviour was inappropriate in class, he would go, "yeah of course!"

(Um, guys...? I think I already mentioned that I suffered a disability of not being able to recognise sarcasms....)

2. Weird: This is employed by mokka mukkee.... same example as above: mokka mukkee's reaction, "ahen!"

3. Insulting: This is by G.O.D....Same example: "Yeah, and gomu can sing!"

4. Pathapein: I couldn't classify this in any of the categories! Same example as above: "????" (Fill any nonsensical sentence there...whatever it is, he'd claim he was being sarcastic!)


Well, I'm still trying like hell to understand sarcastic remarks from my friends, and I wish people would hold classes for stuff like this.....:(

1 comment:

  1. Goms.. Chandler bing did take a class on sarcasm.. Go and youtube "sarcasm 101".. U mite learn a thing or two about sarcasm over there.

    ReplyDelete